Fish with Pine Nuts
Fish with Pine Nuts Ingredients:
- Fish fillet
- Pine nuts
- Green bell pepper
- Red bell pepper
- Cooking wine
- MSG (optional)
Fish with Pine Nuts Directions:
- Cut green bell pepper, red bell pepper, and scallion into small cube-size pieces.
- Cut fish fillet into small cube-size pieces. The pieces should be about the same size as the other ingredients.
- Add salt and cooking wine to the fish to taste.
- Add some starch to the fish, mix and stir well. This ensures the fish remains tender.
- In the wok, heat up plenty of cooking oil. Add pine nuts to the wok, and deep fry until golden. Remove the pine nuts into a strainer and let it drain.
- In the wok, heat up some cooking oil. Add fish and deep fry. Use chopsticks to separate the fish pieces.
- Add red and green bell peppers and scallions into the wok. Continue to stir the mixture with chopsticks.
- Remove the content of the wok into a large spider strainer and let it drain.
- In the empty wok, add cooking oil, sugar, salt, MSG (optional). Then add the fish and bell pepper mixture into the wok. Add the fried pine nuts.
- Stir fry the mixture. If you can, toss the mixture in the wok to ensure everything is evenly cooked. The dish is ready to serve.