Bacon Wrapped Grilled Peaches with Balsamic Glaze
●4 large peaches
●12 ounces bacon
●60 large basil leaves plus more for garnish
1. Set a grill to low heat and preheat for 10 minutes or so, brush the grill grates with a paper towel dabbed in oil.
Grilled Cheesy Potato Volcanoes
●3 roasting potatoes
●6 slices of bacon
●70g cheddar, grated
●60 ml sour cream, plus extra for serving if you wish
●Small handful of chives, finely chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 200ºC.
2. Rub the skins of the potatoes with a drizzle of olive oil and salt.
3. Place in the oven to cook for about 30 minutes, turning half way to ensure they are crisping all over.
4. Take the potatoes out when they are crisp, and cut off both ends. Scrape out the medium of the potatoes but make sure not to go all the way through the potato so there is still a layer left at the bottom.
5. Add half of the potato filling to a medium to a bowl, discard the other half, then stir in the sour cream, add the cheddar apart from a large handful, and the chives. Stir until well mixed and season to taste.
6. Fill the potato with the cheese mixture and wrap 2 slices of bacon around the potato. Secure the bacon with toothpicks if necessary.
7. Lower the grill temperature to about 350˚F/175˚C and place potatoes over indirect heat on the grill for 30 minutes with the lid closed.
8. Top with the remaining cheddar cheese and cook for another 15 minutes.
9. Garnish with a dollop of sour cream and some green onions.
Bacon and Brussels Sprout Skewers
1 pound bacon
2 pounds brussels sprouts
1 teaspoon ghee
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
Small wooden skewers
1. Cut each strip of bacon in half lengthwise. In a frying pan on medium heat, cook the bacon until it’s partially cooked but still soft and pliable.
2. Cut the brussels sprouts in half lengthwise. Add the sprouts, ghee, garlic powder, and sea salt to the frying pan. Sauté on medium heat until the sprouts are tender and browned.
3. Preheat the oven to 375ºF.
4. Assemble the skewers by threading 1 end of the bacon onto the end of a skewer. Add a brussels sprout slice, and weave the bacon around the sprout and back through the skewer, creating a wave pattern between the sprouts. Move the bacon and the sprout down the skewer, and repeat this process 2-3 more times for each skewer. 5. Bake the skewers in a baking pan for 5-10 minutes, or until the bacon is fully cooked.
BACON BROWN SUGAR SMOKIES
●1package Beef Smokies
(or other mini hot dogs)
●1pound bacon, cut in half
(so you have two short halves, not two long skinnier ones)
●1cup brown sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cut bacon in half and wrap each strip around a little smokie sausage.
3. Roll in the brown sugar, packing on the sugar onto the ends.
4. If you want to help avoid a mess in the pan from the brown sugar line the pan with foil.
5. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until the bacon is crisp and the brown sugar is all bubbly.
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/TasteLifeByNTD/
Pinterest : https://www.pinterest.com/tastelife_fun/