A timelapse video captured plumes of smoke filling the sky as a bushfire burned in southwest Sydney on Monday, April 16.
NSW Rural Fire Service said the fire, which started within the Holsworthy Range and Barden Ridge, had scorched more than 3,000 hectares but had been brought under control by more than 200 firefighters.
The fire service has provided some tips on how to avoid smoke inhalation during bushfire:
– Monitor the NSW RFS hazard reduction page for information about planned burns and smoke advisories in your area.
– Keep doors and windows closed to prevent smoke from entering the home.
– Remove washing from clotheslines.
– Ensure pets have a protected area.
– If driving through a smoky area, slow down, keep windows up and turn headlights on.
Credit: David Ha via Storyful