A fire and explosion at a camp for teens in Monroe, New York, has left nine people injured; including three in critical condition.
The teens, who were from a Brooklyn yeshiva, smelled gas when they returned to their bungalow at the Quaker Hill Cottages, just after midnight on Friday.
The executive director from their yeshiva, Rabbi Lipa Brennan, said, “They were literally walking into the bungalow. They smelled a gas leak or some gas, and a second later it just went up,” ABC News reported.
According to Orange County emergency officials, it took about 40 minutes to extinguish the flames. It is undetermined if gas was responsible for the explosion.
From The Epoch Times