Arizona Family Shocked to Find Bedbugs at Hospital

An Arizona woman said that she was shocked to find bedbugs in a hospital after her daughter was admitted there.

The family was staying at Banner Desert Hospital for several nights after the daughter was admitted to the ICU. Erin Ortega said she went public with the revelation because her family felt staffers didn’t respond appropriately when they were alerted.

Ortega said the family was moved to another room after staffers were alerted but they fund another bedbug in that room.

“None of the other patients to my knowledge have been notified or patients’ families,” she told Fox 10. “It doesn’t seem like there’s much of a concern as to their wellbeing.”

Officials with Banner issued a statement, which reads, in part:

“We are responsive to any concerns expressed by our patients. We take immediate action to remedy isolated incidents as soon as we are notified.”

 
RELATED ARTICLES
 
Hot Videos