Girl Falls on Ground Screaming in the Middle of a Busy Street—The Reason Why Is Alarming

By Janita Kan

A 15-year-old girl screamed for help after she suffered a serious electric shock in the middle of a busy street in Sydney, Austalia, on June 10.

Anna Lambden was walking in wet socks along George Street after removing her boots that had become uncomfortable, reported 7 News.

As she passed a light rail construction zone, Lambden suffered an electric shock, causing her to drop to the ground.

Passerby Alexander Ollier, who witnessed the incident, captured footage of the teen sitting on the wet pavement screaming for help.

“Help! Call an ambulance,” Lambden could be heard shouting. Many bystanders could be seen rushing to her aid.

“She was just screaming like something really bad happened to her,” one bystander told the news station.

Lambden was rushed to the hospital where doctors carefully monitored her heart. She was released a few hours later, according to 7News.

The teen’s mother, Viola Morris, told 7 News she was extremely angry about how something as simple as walking down the street with wet socks could have killed her daughter.

“For all the crazy things kids do, I’m wild with rage that something as innocent as taking off boots to walk in socks could have killed her,” she said.

“She called me while she was waiting for the ambulance and she thought she was going to die.”

WARNING: this footage may be disturbing to some viewers

According to the news station, the New South Wales government said they were going to conduct an independent investigation into the incident. It is suspected that an exposed wire was the culprit of the harrowing incident. It is unclear which contractor is responsible.

The state government added that work on the construction site will not resume until an initial investigation is complete.

According to the US Library of Medicine, victims of electric shock can suffer long-term effects of electrocution depending on the voltage of the shock.

Low-voltage electrical injuries are more often fatal than high-voltage injuries, as contact time is often limited in high-voltage shocks as the victim is more often than not thrown away.

Long-term electrical injury can be neurological, such as memory loss and numbness; psychological, such as depression and post-traumatic stress disorder; and physical such as pain and loss of vision.

 

Watch Next:

 
RELATED ARTICLES
 
Hot Videos