- Prayers and Candlelight Vigil After Brutal Gang Rape in India
- South Korea Warns of "Provocations" From North Korea in Early 2014
- Google Snaps Up Robotics Company
- China Moon Landing Footage
- China's Black Jails Still Exist- Amnesty
- Bus Falling from Elevated Highway Kills 21 in Manila
- Japan Urges China to Take Seriously Concerns Over Air Defence Zone
- Washington Offers $18 Million To Boost Vietnam's Maritime Security
- Snow Worsens Misery for Syrian Refugees
- Massive Anti-Government Protest In Kiev
- London's First Whisky Distillery in 100 Years
- A Million Dollar Picasso Up For Raffle at 100 Euros a Ticket
- Ukraine President Facing Vital Choice Between Europe And Russia
- Costa Rica Faces Banana Emergency With Mealybugs Outbreak
- 3D Printer Aids Blind Children in Japan With Imagination
Headquartered in New York City, New Tang Dynasty (NTD) Television serves more than 100 million potential viewers in China and around the world.
Founded by Chinese Americans, and rooted in traditional Chinese culture, NTD serves as a unique bridge between the East and the West.
NTD News, the company's flagship program, strives to provide insightful coverage of China with the highest ethical standards of Western journalism.
NTD News broadcasts directly into parts of mainland China via satellite, providing a truthful, uncensored Chinese-language alternative to China's state-run media.
NTD News also provides its global viewers with important news about China and the rest of the world in more than a dozen non-Chinese languages, including English, Spanish, Russian, Japanese, Persian, and Hebrew.
In addition to news, NTD promotes traditional Chinese arts and culture through a wide variety of TV shows and events.
As a 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation, NTD's New York headquarters (NTDTV.org)—as well as its nonprofit and for-profit affiliate stations around the world—continues to refine all aspects of its programming to meet the needs of its audiences. NTD is funded primarily through by individual donations.
Mission & Background
NTD's mission is to:
• Bring truthful and uncensored information into and out of China
• Promote traditional Chinese culture
• Facilitate mutual understanding between the East and West
NTD seeks to be the world's most trusted authority on news and information about China.
Besides NTD, no major Chinese language television network reports with complete independence on China. The Chinese communist regime has long dictated politically related content for all TV stations inside mainland China. And starting in the 1990s, it began using its economic and political clout to pressure Chinese TV stations outside China to avoid reporting on the most "sensitive" China-related topics.
In 2001, NTD was founded with the goal of reporting on what other Chinese TV networks would not. NTD fills an important void in Chinese language media, boldly investigating topics like abuses of power and human rights violations, and making this information available both inside and outside China.
In 2002, NTD was the first Chinese TV station to report in depth on the Chinese regime's persecution of the Falun Gong spiritual group.
In 2003, NTD reported on the spread of SARS in China a full three weeks before Beijing—and hence Chinese state-run media—acknowledged the outbreak.
NTD continues to report on the Chinese regime's ongoing suppression of Christians, Tibetans, democracy advocates, and other dissidents—as well as other issues affecting Chinese people such as food safety and political corruption.
- Colombian Doctors Discover 40-Year-Old Fetus In Eldery Woman
- Clashes In Madrid As Demonstrators Rally Against Anti-Protest Law
- Concert Honors Nobel Peace Prize Winner, Chemical Watchdog OPCW
- Sea Shepherd Ships To Leave To Halt Japanese Whaling Fleet
- Jang Song Thaek May Have Been Shot By Machine Gun, South Korean Lawmaker Says