A Michigan sheriff saved two men from overdosing on heroin this week at a Qdoba restaurant.
Kalamazoo County Sheriff Richard Fuller told WXMI that he was at the Qdoba on West Main Street in Kalamazoo on Tuesday night when he spotted a driver slumped at the wheel despite the fact the vehicle running.
When he looked closer, he saw a passenger using a syringe to inject something.
Fuller quickly called 911 and rushed over.
With the help of a deputy, he saved the two men from overdosing on the potent and illegal drug.
“It was a little startling to have to go to the store or a restaurant and see this in a parking lot, but we`re hearing more and more of these cases and we`re seeing it very often,” Fuller said.
“I was just pleased that the deputy had heard the call, responded and was able to give me one of the Narcan kits to use while he used the other one.”
Video Credit: WXMI—Grand Rapids