Telugu superstar Prabhas is turning 38 today and his career has been skyrocketed after the release of the super hit movie Bahubali: The beginning. Like his larger than life movie characters, in real life also he is a humble and caring man who loves his family to the moon and back. On his birthday let’s look at some rare facts about him.
Baahubali: The Beginning opened new doors for the actor in terms of fame and stardom, thus getting him new fans outside from all around the country. But did you know he was penniless during the shooting of Bahubali? On his birthday here are 7 facts which will make you realise who Prabhas is in real life.
1) Prabhas was born in Chennai, Tamil Nadu. His real name is Venkata Satyanarayana Prabhas Raju Uppalapati.
2. He is the youngest child of late film producer U Suryanarayana Raju and Siva Kumari. Pragathi and Pramod are his siblings.
3. Interestingly, his first blockbuster, Varsham (2004) was also remade in Bollywood that year as Baaghi – starring Tiger Shroff and Shraddha Kapoor.
4. Prabhas is all set to become the first ever South Indian actor to find a place at the Madame Tussauds Wax Museum.
5. In a career span of 14 years, Prabhas had won four Best Actor awards at various Telugu award events.
6. Prabhas is one of India’s highest-paid actors, along with superstars Rajinikanth, Salman Khan, Akshay Kumar, Vijay and Mahesh Babu.
7. Prabhas was penniless during the Bahubali shoot. S. S. Rajmouli the director of the movie said in an interview: “There was a time when he was stressed for money.”
No matter where he came from, no matter how far he goes on in his life, he will always be remembered as our beloved Bahubali.